This week will bring us the first day of Autumn – Thursday, September 22nd.
Here in South Florida the change is quite subtle (we don’t get those amazing colors on our trees), and to experience the shift we’ve got to pay close attention to the details. This got me to thinking how true this is for all areas of our lives … Relationships, Business, Health, Wealth, Happiness.
- Relationships — saying, “I love you”, picking up something at the supermarket for your neighbor or springing your grandchild from after care just to spend some extra time with him (which I got to do yesterday) … little things that go a long way in building meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Business – As we go for our big goals and dreams, paying attention to our daily actions and the manner in which we do them is key.
“Yes, the simple truth about the greatest business people I have known is that they have a genuine fascination for the truly astonishing impact little things done exactly right can have on the world.” (Michael E. Gerber, Author of The E-Myth)
- Health – Little choices consistently made create big changes. Finding ways to get “accidental exercise”, i.e. taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking your car the furthest away, cutting out desserts except for when it’s a full moon.
- Wealth – This isn’t just about cutting out that cup of coffee so you can save, it’s also about learning the details of how many works. Investments, margins, profits … get to know the details of the rules of the money game.
- Happiness – The simple act of starting each day with gratitude for what you DO HAVE, done repeatedly will increase your overall happiness. Plus, this attention to the details of choosing happiness will support you in moving through the most troubling of times.
What details will you pay attention to this week as the seasons shift?