Open Arms of LOVE
To embrace those who have been suffering, abused and silenced.
Open Arms of HOPE
To create a way forward that offers real change, so that our black and brown brothers and sisters can live as they desire and deserve, and we truly become the United States of America.
Open Arms of STRENGTH
To carry each other through these challenging times because the real work is just beginning.
Wrap your arms around the truth of what has been, what is now and what we can create together. What we need now is more LOVE, HOPE, STRENGTH and PERSONAL ACTION to end the systemic and insidious racism that runs rampant in our country and in our own lives.
Our action as individuals and as the leaders of Women’s Prosperity Network begins with:
- Taking 100% Responsibility. We will examine our own beliefs, fears, actions and inactions that contribute to the current state of affairs and a history of injustices.
- Be Present and Listen. We will make room for the voice of others, reading, learning and engaging in courageous conversations. Discomfort will not be an excuse for disengaging. We are committed to pulling back the covers so that we can expose what has been hidden and shining the light of truth, justice and love so that we can all heal together.
- Provide the Platform. We will create a safe space for discussions so that those who have been silenced can now be heard.
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”
– Desmond Tutu
We will not remain neutral.
This is just a beginning. The road ahead is a long and worthy path to take for the health and safety of our black and brown brothers and sisters.
Here are 2 initiatives we are launching in the coming weeks, please email Nancy@WomensProsperityNetwork.com if you would like to be part of one or both:
- Book study and personal application of “White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism.” (Monday evenings at 8 pm ET (Start Date: TBD – we are giving people time to get the book.)
- Video Interviews shared on Facebook and YouTube where our sisters and brothers, activists and community leaders will have an opportunity to speak their truth and share ways we can all, “Be the change we want to see in the world.” (Anticipating Thursdays at 12pm ET commencing Thursday, June 18th.)