Love can be messy, and shrouded in mystery. But one thing is sure: it’s easier to love another when we love ourselves first.
Summer is right around the corner and with the change in weather comes new and different ways to show yourself some much deserved self-love.
Take some time over the next couple of weeks and do at least a few of these (if not all of them) – self-love will raise your vibration and increase your happiness!
- Grab a good book and a quilt, and read under a tree.
- Go hiking – make sure you stop and enjoy the scenery and fresh air.
- Find a waterfall or creek, and meditate, take a nap, dip your feet in, or do whatever feels right for you.
- Give yourself a foot soak with epsom salt and lavender essential oils. Not only will it make your feet uber soft, but it helps draw toxins out of your body.
- Go to the park, lay in the grass, and find shapes and animals in the clouds.
- Take time to journal – it can be a bullet list, a regular writing journal, or even a sketch or collage book
- Make yourself a frozen smoothie from fresh fruit – healthy and refreshing!
- Unplug for a day – Facebook, television…everything but the radio, because great music makes for great vibrational energy.
- Dance in your undies – why not? It’s hot outside anyway and dancing balances your lower chakras
- Meditate outside! It’s easier to connect with earth when you’re actually planted on it, and you can always use a guided meditation via headphones to help
- Visit a museum, attend a concert – get out and do something you think is fun.
- Try something new! Take a surfing lesson, or knitting lessons, or go hike that path you’ve been meaning to try.
- Go out for an ice cream (or yogurt) cone. What summer is complete without one? My favorite way of doing this is to go to the ice cream shop at the local town square and then sit on a bench and eat the whole thing.
- Wake up early and watch a sunrise – find a great view if you have one close by
- Paint something – watercolor, acrylics, or even finger painting! Finger painting is a fun way to let loose. If you don’t feel like painting, you can always color!
What other amazing ideas do you have for a Self-Love Summer?