Between the family barbecues, beach trips, and Netflix movies, many believe Memorial Day as the unofficial start of summer.
Memorial Day is a day for remembering and honoring the many women and men who have given up their lives to protect America while serving in the armed forces.
It is therefore a very important day in the United States of America set apart to pay tribute and give thanks for the immense sacrifice and gift these noble men and women have provided for the rest of America.
Below are 5 activities to commemorate this day and pay tribute to the gallant Heroes.
- Host a Barbecue: There is nothing more exciting than firing up the grill and get ready for summer.
- Watch a Parade: Most towns and cities mark the day with an annual Memorial Day parade to honor those who have fallen while serving the U.S. armed forces.
- Make a Patriotic Dessert: Show off your American pride with some red, white and blue desserts.
- Jump in the Pool: Memorial Day weekend often marks the official start of swimming pool season.
- Visit a Cemetery: Pay tribute to those who have lost their lives fighting for out county.
What are Your Favorite Ways to Spend the Last Weekend in May?