February 28th & 29th
10 am to 7 pm (both days)
9:30 to 10 am - Registration & Networking
Bonaventure Resort & Spa
250 Racquet Club Rd
Weston, FL 33326
LISTEN ... PREPARE FOR YOUR "TED-LIKE" TALK
Listen to the below training calls on setting yourself up for success during your presentation at Illumination Live. This is a "TED-Like" Talk and there is NO SELLING FROM THE STAGE (see below for more info).
To prepare for your "Ted-Like" talk, we've gathered a few resources and guides to support you.
Your Speaking Time is 15 Minutes - MAXIMUM
Excerpts from Talk Like Ted by Carmine Gallo
The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds
The most engaging presentations are:
- EMOTIONAL - They touch my heart (this is where your stories come into play)
- NOVEL - They teach me something new (this is where your unique approach and solution comes into play)
- MEMORABLE - They present content in ways I'll never forget (impactful)
- SECRET #1 - Unleash The Master Within - Tap Into & Share Your Passion and WHY THIS Idea / Topic Matters to YOU
- SECRET #2 - Master the Art of Storytelling - Stories Break Down Walls & Resistance and Create Connection with Your Audience
- SECRET #3 - Have a Conversation - It Takes Practice to Sound Natural - Watch Your Speed, Gestures & Body Language - Your Strength as a Speaker Comes From the Inside
- SECRET #4 - Teach Me Something New - Reveal information that's completely new to your audience, packaged differently or offers a fresh approach and novel way to solve an old problem
- SECRET #5 - Deliver Jaw-Dropping Moments - An Emotionally Charged Moment - Consider Props and Demos - Emphasis on the way you drive your main point home
- SECRET #6 - Lighten Up - Give Your Audience Something to Smile About - The Brain Loves Humor!
- SECRET #7 - Stick to the 18-Minute Rule - In our case -- 15-Minute Rule. Shorter Presentations Delivered in a Powerful and Engaging Way Supports the Successful Transmission of Ideas
- SECRET #8 - Paint a Mental Picture with Multishensory Experiences - Touch on more than just one of the senses: Sight, Sound, Touch, Taste and Smell
- SECRET #9 - Stay in Your Lane - Be Authentic, Open and Transparent
Your goal should be to present ONE MAIN IDEA with supporting points.
For your ONE MAIN IDEA, write it down in one or two sentences. Then ask yourself the following questions:
1. Is my idea new? (or a new twist on an old idea)
2. Are you telling people something you're pretty sure they have not heard before? (and/or not heard the way YOU ARE sharing it?)
3. Is it interesting?
4. How will this idea apply to a room full of varied kinds of people?
This Mastermind Extravaganza will consist of your presentations interspersed with three (3) mastermind rounds each day:
- One 30-Minute Mastermind during morning session
- One Mastermind during lunch session
- One 30-Minute Mastermind during afternoon session
How long is my talk?
You will have 15 minutes for your presentation. Remember that any intro video or sizzle reel playing time is considered part of your 15 minutes.
Can I sell something, i.e. make an offer? --- NO SELLING FROM STAGE
You can certainly offer a free gift to the audience (inviting them to a free opt in page or text opt in) BUT … have you ever seen someone deliver a Ted Talk “PITCH”?
The style of these talks is designed to make an impact with as Ted says, “Ideas worth spreading.” When you create a powerful and impassioned presentation without a “call to action” the right people will ASK to learn from and do more with you.
Will my talk be recorded?
We are still in negotiations for having the event recorded and will update you as soon as we know more.
How many people will be in the audience?
We are expecting between 100 and 150 attendees at this Illumination Live event.
Can I have a vendor table?
We are exploring space availability at the venue and will let you know if vendor tables will be available for purchase.
Can I Use PowerPoint?
Yes you can! Just remember … PPT is an enhancement to your talk, NOT the outline of your talk.