The 5 Step Formula for Success, Significance & Satori
by Nancy Matthews
Founder, Women's Prosperity Network
International Speaker, Best Selling Author & Global Leader
- Success: Maya Angelou says, "Success is Liking Yourself, Liking What You Do, and Liking How You Do It."
- Significance: Having meaning and importance
- Satori: Awakening, Awareness and Enlightenment
- An understanding of the key drivers for their business.
That is: sales, marketing and customer service. If you made the leap to entrepreneurship, it was most likely based upon something you’re excited about and that you have a good deal of knowledge about.
BUT where I see most women entrepreneurs hit roadblocks and not have the financial results they hoped for, is that their skills and knowledge in the area of sales and marketing are their weakest links.
- Without sales you’ll have no business, without marketing you’ll have no sales and without customer service, you’re likely to lose the clients who do happen to come your way.
- In order for your business to bring the revenue that will allow you to continue to do what you love — the money has to follow and that comes through sales and marketing.
- Successful women entrepreneurs are intentional and disciplined in making sure that their business activities include dedicated time to sales and marketing. They also continue to hone their skills in these areas by attending workshops and seminars, listening to CD’s and reading relevant books.